Posted by: Possible | 2009-03-03

Hey CS,

I want to know if it is possible for a bulimic to eat normal again and not be scared of food anymore! To eat anything and not be scared of becoming fat?

Obviously after seeing a shrink en dietician!

Is it possible for a bulimic to go eat at example The Boma en not feel guilty???

Please advise...

Absolutely, definitely, possible. Now, I don't know about the Boma --- maybe some people are supposed to feel guilty after eating there ? I haven't seen the menu ! But seriously, with proper care, CBT style counselling / therapy and other psychiatric care, and a proper diet, one can indeed return to normal eating patterns, without all that anxiety and struggles to control everything. Normal means not eating too much or too little, and not using any of the other bulimic tricks about food. GOod luck --- get into therapy with a good shrink asap, and transform your life in the right direction

Posted by: Possible | 2009-03-04

But is it really fair of me to expect any man to live like that... Everything vant revolve around my bulimia... The man would then always have to be carefull what he says! Cant eat take-aways or a juicy steak with mushroom souce! I dont know... Where will I find a guy that will accept the bulimia and change his lifestyle to adjust to the bulumia.. It just doesnt sound fair towards any guy...

Reply to Possible
Posted by: lilly | 2009-03-04

i had a best friend who came right.. it took a while., she met a very caring man who really supported and cared for her. surround yourself with people that care about you, find hobbies and things you really enjoy that make you happy.
and try to find other things to occupy your mind, happy things!! i would also suggest meditation, a group in yrou area.. i' ve started doing it (not, don' t bulima, but couldnt  have sex).. things somehow calmed and i realsed streses.
i wish you all the best.

Reply to lilly
Posted by: munch away | 2009-03-03

Sex will help helps with most things (safe sex of course)

Reply to munch away