Posted by: Stacey | 2009-01-28

I have been trying to get pregnant for 2 years, with no success. I had " unexplained infertility" , as there was nothing wrong according to my blood tests, scans, husband' s S.A. Suddenly I found out I' m pregnant - 4 weeks. The only thing I have changed in my lifestyle or in general, is I started taking Be-Tab Pyridoxine. It' s a vitamin B something or other.
Could this have helped??? I' m stumped...

Expert ImagePharmacist

There may indeed be som truth in that - Currently research is being done on the effect of vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) on some forms of infertility .
Another study was done on 88 infertile patients whom were put on 5mg of folic acid and 100mg of Vitamin B6 daily. It was found that 62 patients (70.45%) conceived within 4 months of treatment.

You have unknowingly taken the right supplement.

Congratulations and good luck on the pregnancy!