Posted by: Pinky | 2009-03-24

I just want to know why I get a brownish secretion every month after I have stopped menstruating? It normally lasts for 2 - 3 days, it also does not smell very nice. Last year October I had a laporoscopy done, after that my menstruating cicle changed from 14days to approximately 7days, I am not using any contraceptives at this stage, because I am trying to fall pregnant, but I have been struggling with this for the past two years. My GP prescribed Postoval for me, but befor the Laporoscopy I was on Postoval for 6months, but nothing changed.

The brown discharge is just old blood from the end of the period. If you are having periods every 7 days, it means that you cannot be ovulating. You should see a gynaecologist or a fertility specialist.

Posted by: Pinky | 2009-03-27

Thank you for your reply, but I need to know if I have to go to a doctor / Gynaecologist for this discharge that does not smell very nice? This usually lasts for a week after my period has stopped, after that everything is ok. This bothers me alot.

Reply to Pinky