Posted by: Bozo | 2010-07-28

Won case at arbitration ( ccma)

My wife won her case against her employer after dismissing her.

She was awarded 6 months salary payable within 21 days at the arbitration ( ccma) Her company has failed to pay her or even contacted her.

What next to do ?Can she eventually claim interest ??

Thanks Purple.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Once your wife's cas has been won, then she is entitled to the payment. If you have not had receipt of payment you will receive interest but it is suggested that you have that arbitration award made an order of the labour court so that you can send a deputy sheriff to the company to attach goods to the value of the money owing to your wife. The CCMA will help you with the application to have the award made an order of the court.

Posted by: Bozo | 2010-07-28

Thanks Purple, will do

Reply to Bozo
Posted by: PUrple | 2010-07-28

Yikes. I''m no expert on these matters, just have a teeny bit of work experience.

Suggest she go to the CCMA again and ask what she must do as they have not adhered to the agreement. The company now need to be forced into paying. My understanding is that there are serious consequences for them if they don''t adhere to what they were told to do at arbitration.

Reply to PUrple