Question
Posted by: Bell | 2012/08/17

Women''s sexual drive much higher then male partner

My sexual drive is such stronger and more consistent then my partner, in fact much more then most men I know it seems. I have always been a sensual and highly sexual person and believe it is the natural way I am since very young but I also have high testosterone levels (due to PSOS). I find that when I am premenstrual I get so needy for sex that it is an absolute physical need, like a hunger, or painful desire and that I can not coup without my sexual needs being heard, met or reciprocated. It is extremely frustrating, to the point where I feel violent urges (which I would not act on) when my partner does not respond. He is by nature a very self-contained, quiet and non-verbal person and at these time does not realise how much I need something - even if it is not sex, just physical touch, affection and expression of love would help. I am afraid my neediness and intensity at these times frightens him away. I can not control my desires and feel saddened when he does not seem to feel the same sort of desire for me, which leads to me feeling uncontrollable low self esteem at these times. Advice appreciated.

Difference in sexual desire amongst partners is not uncommon. The challenge is to find a way where both partners understand one another’s differentness and find a way to meet one another half way. Assessing the different Hormone levels in both partners could be very helpful – seek the help from a person that deals specifically with hormone aspects could be very helpful. Furthermore it could be helpful to seek the help of a psychologist that deals specifically with sexual concerns in couples could help to find a way to accommodate both partner’s sexual needs and desires.
For further information please consult SASHA’s website at www.sexualhealth.qw.co.za/dru. For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to helpline.sasha@gmail.com.

2
Posted by: Sexologist | 2012/08/19

Reply to Sexologist
Posted by: What-A-lot-i-Got | 2012/08/17

Wow that is amazing, one of a few women like that ( I get the higher testosterone causing higher sexual urges) but I still can''t believe that a womans sexual drive is higher than that of a man. Well atleast we have a lady who knows (somewhat) how it feels to be a guy and be turned down (on numerous occasions).

I think as a word of advice, when your partner wants to have some intercourse then you need to make the best of it (and " milk"  it for what its worth). Otherwise just let him know and let him suggest " alternatives"  to satisfying your hunger ... Gud luck Bell

Reply to What-A-lot-i-Got