Question
Posted by: Question | 2009-08-21

Women chasing after men

Hi CS

A woman I met found out that my brother is someone she once had a fling with either before she was married or during her marriage. I don' t think she actually considered an affair or perhaps this happened many years ago. She told me a bit about how much she liked him. She then then told me to keep it a secret. I though oh well I won' t tell anyone then but I wonder why she told me. She is still married and has a little girl. She is now suddenly pestering me for my brothers cell phone number. She will write message on my facebook asking for his number. Actually she has only just asked for his number a few minutes ago and then not even 2 minutes later she has asked again. I know what my brother is like when it comes to giving out cell phone numbers. Why doesn' t she ask him herself? Bottom line is that I find this sort of behaviour making her chase after him when she really shouldn' t. She sounds so desperate and why make it so obvious to.

I think we should all be more careful about acceptin someone else's instructions to keep something a secret. I don't mean we should all become a blabbering gossip. But if they tell you first, it's too late to afterwards insist you must keep it secret, and if they try to swear you to secrecy beforehand, rather refuse the invitation.
Sounds ominously as thouygh she plans to pester your brother, so do NOT give her his number and tell her to leave him alone, reminding her that she i married and has a child, and that he is happy without her.