Posted by: Jolee | 2009-03-16

Women and weight loss

I have been reading a lot of fitness forums for motivation but are now terrrified that I am going to look terrible after I work so hard and loose 21.5 kg, lost 7 so far, Every one one these sites say, I am going to have masses of loose skin and no breast left. Is this what happen to all women or can I happily focus on getting healthy now? I am 28, female.

Hi Jolee

If the weight loss is gradual, and doesn't come from some drastic measure like a severe calorie restricted diet, then it can be effective and not have this side effect. So provided you exercise regularly and eat sensibly (which requires seeing a dietician), then you'll see gradual progress but without that side effect. Just try to avoid crash diets and restricting your energy intake too much. And exercise is key, so don't neglect that.