Posted by: Ntombazane | 2008-12-03

Women Abuse

I have a friend who is being abused by a her boyfriend who is the father of her son. She is abused in almost every way, it started with verbal abuse and now it has move to physical abuse. She tried moving with me while she was looking for a place to stay, but He fetched her from work one friday and played all lovey dovey, then next day he bit her up (I heard her scream for help on the phone while he was beating her). He promised to kill her if she ever leaves him, yet he oten makes her sleep at the door, chase her out of the house them fetch her again. He told her that there is no where she can lay charges as he' s got contacts with the senior police in jo' burg and in the high court. Made examples of the dockets that disappear daily. He said he' ll pay to get favours like that. She is so scared of leaving him. She is so scared of laying charges against him. Please someone out there help with any advice. Any referals will do, please!

Ntombazane from Kagiso

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

There are many organisations helping with women abuse. It is recommended that you phone the police at 10111 to ask them to put you onto the nearest association.