Question
Posted by: Anonn | 2008/10/26

Woke up with terrible headache

Dear Doc,

Yesterday I woke up with terrible headache, I drink painkillers and it was better, today another headache again. What worries me is I never woke with headache. Is there something wrong with me.

Thank you in advance.

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Anonn,

For a sudden onset headache like yours it is essential to have a thorough medical examination as soon as possible.

This information has been supplied and checked by the multidisciplinary team of specialists at The Headache Clinic, in association with The International Headache Society and the South African Institute of Headache and Migraine Science. For consultation with these specialists, call The Headache Clinic on 0861 678 911 (Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban).