Posted by: Bmt | 2008-11-20

woan' t go to counselling with me

My husband had an affair and i am finding hard and feel bretrayed. he will not go to counselling says he does not want to air his dirty laundry - do you think it would help if i went alone and sort out my feelings for him - as i am very hurt and dont trust him now.We have been married for 30 years and although i love him - if i keep reminding him of how i feel it reminds him of the affair and it will probably drive him away again? should i keep quiet and try and mend what is broken?Trust.

He needs to be reminded that it was him who dirtied the laundry, and it is YOUR laundry as well as his. Seeing a counsellor alone would still be useful. YOu cannot mend what is broken all on your own though --- his sincere and regretful participation is needed.

Posted by: CM | 2008-11-20

Mine had a affair 5 yrs ago... so i left him... he came craaaawwwwling back- and i took him back on the condition that HE goes for counselling first... then us together... we did... and we are still together.... obviously i still am hurt and angry (ya- 5 yrs later) and he knows this but lets it slide seeing he brought it on himself... we recovered from this....maybe you can also.....
Good luck....

Reply to CM
Posted by: sxxxx | 2008-11-20

if you go alone you might sort your fellings but your relationship will not be .
remember your marriege needs reviving your relationship with him needs reviving you will only go speak you mind and thats all (offload)
to get closure u must do it together it takes two to make this work
u can only forgive, no Correction hopefully FORGET if he helps you through it

Reply to sxxxx