Question
Posted by: Lali | 2012/10/17

Withdrawel from anti-depressants and trying to conceive

Good day dr. Have stopped taking prozac and was fine until 6 weeks after. I am very lightheaded and feels like I have fever, extreme fatigue, blurred vision, upset stomach, brain zaps etc. This has been going on for almost 3 weeks now. I have been on the medication for 18 months. Is it dangerous to attemp pregnancy while one is withdrawing? I want to try but I don''''t want the withdrawel to affect the baby? Could you please advise? Kind regards.

You should speak to your psychiatrist about the side effects. Prozac can be used in pregnancy, so discuss whether to restart it or not.

1