Posted by: Zukiswa | 2010-05-11

wishing for something bad to happen to him

My ex dumped me 2 and a half years ago. it was a nasty breakup. I have moved on with my life but i still think about him not in a good way hoping for something bad to happen to him i do not understand why because i really do not want him. is this normal? I just want him out of my system.

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Hi Zukiswa,

The fact that you do not want to be with him anymore and that you wish him bad things are two separate things. Deep down you have reaslised that life is better without him but you are not letting go of the hurt he caused you. The anger you are expressing is because you are keeping this passed hurt alive but understand that you are just keeping the memory of the hurt alive. To want him out of your system, you have to do just that, keep him out of your mind and stop keeping the memory alive.
Whenever you have a bad thought related to your ex, just switch and think about something pleasant, but first I'm not sure that you have mourned the loss properly.
You can download a free copy of my eBook here:

All the best.

Posted by: Anony | 2010-05-12

my goodness, why i dont think you are over him. that''s scary zukiswa, maybe u are still hurt.. your nickname is my real name.....that''s what also caught my attention....Try and get over him and i dont think you are!!!

Reply to Anony