Question
Posted by: Claire | 2010-05-27

Wintervel?

My twee (amper) 2jarige Spaniel-Labrador hondjies gaan woes tekere van al die krappery...eers het ons gedog dis vlooie maar na behandeling het dit steeds so aangegaan! Nou wonder ek, en voel biejtie dom, maar is dit dalk iets soos ''n velprobleempie agv. winter? Dit was nie laas winter so nie? Wat kan ek doen vir hulle? Hulle is ware huishonde, leef soos twee koninklikes!

Hi Claire

I would advise that you examine the skin of the dogs throughly. Alsways try and think of the simple thing's first. Look to see if there are fleas (and flea dirt), ticks, lice e.t.c. Check to see if there are scabs or sores on the skin. By doing this you can get a quick idea if there is an obvious problem for the scratching.
I do not know enough about this case but I suspect that this could be a flea allergy dermatitis as it is affecting both the dogs. I would advise that you wash the dogs on a regular basis with medicated shampoo/apply regular flea treatment (can be expensive)/and treat the dogs environment. If you can't get to the bottom of the problem ask your local vet for advise

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010-05-28

Hi Claire

Reply to CyberVet