Question
Posted by: Angela | 2012/04/10

Winter Snacks

Hi Doc - I am preparing myself for my winter " menu" . I am always at a loss for ideas for snacks during the day.

During the warmer months I generally eat:
weetbix or muslei for breakfast
a fruit, or veggie sticks, or a some cottage cheese for mid-morning snack
salad and a piece of meat or carbs for lunch
veggie sticks or yoghurt for mid-afternoon snack
salad and protein for dinner...

Now, my problem is... eating cold yoghurt, fruit, veggie sticks or salad is just not that great when it''s a freezing day, so what could I eat as mid-meal snacks at the office?

I thought of making a pot of thin soup / broth and take a cups worth to work, but not sure if this is a snack or if it''s rather a meal.
What other ideas for fat free / low fat / low calorie warm snacks?
Would a cups of warm fat-free milk with honey be an option?

Your help would be great - Thanks

Dear Angela
It is a good idea to make vegetable soup (a variety of low-kJ vegetables such as cabbage, onions, carrots, celery, sweet peppers, tomatoes, etc, plus stock cubes and water) and to take some hot soup along in a thermos or if there is a microwave at work, to heat it up before consumption. Together with Pro-Vitas and Marmite, the soup can be used as a snack or a light meal. You can also use warm low- or fat-free milk drinks together with Lite Hot Chocolate or use sweetener and a drop of vanilla to provide taste. Best regards

2
Posted by: Bongi | 2012/04/10

I am also curious abt this one.

Reply to Bongi

Dear Angela