Question
Posted by: Lals | 2010/03/25

Winter illnesses

Is there anything one can do about getting constant colds and flu in winter? The season has only just started turning and already I''ve had a cold and again 2 weeks later, another sore throat. I always seem to get colds and flu at their worst in winter and I really can''t afford the time off work. What can I take to prevent? The flu shot didn''t work for me 2 years ago - it only GAVE me worse flu. Obviously I know to eat healthily, lots of fruit &  veg, get exercise, etc.
My 2 and 3 year old also get constant runny noses, bad chests throughout winter.

Hallo Lals
The flu shot can't really give you flu as the ingredients are not active viruses - it is only the cover of the virus that they use. But the immune reaction it stimulates could feel like a flu. It sounds as if your immunity takes a dip in winter. Try taking Echinacea or Moducare or Viral choice C to boost your immunity. You can also try Tonsillyte or Tonsilla as soon as you get a sore throat. Ensure that you eat healthy, get in enough vitamins via fresh fruit and drink enough water. Try to sleep at least 7-8 hours per night.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/25

Hallo Lals

Reply to cyberdoc