Question
Posted by: desperate | 2008/08/05

winter fat

I am a 54 yr old female. Last year I had a dermolipictomy, and was very motivated to lose weight. During this winter, I have become very lethargic, and must start on my weight regime again. I have 9 ks to lose. Please advise me of a good 3 or 4 day detox just to get me started again.

I do not like diet tablets, but at this stage I seem to stay hunger, even though I am trying to only stick to my healthy eating.

Please help

Dear Desperate
The healthiest foods for people who are trying to detox are: fresh fruit and vegetables (up 8 servings a day), whole grain and cereals (unsifted maize meal, wholewheat bread, Maltabella, brown rice 6 servings a day), low-fat milk and yoghurt (3 cups a day), plus lean meat or fish or legumes (dry, cooked or canned peas, beans, lentils or soya). You can also do a search on the Diet site for the 'Detox Diet', but only use it for 2 days at a time and over weekends when you can rest and relax because it may make you feel faint. Start doing regular daily exercise that burns energy like skipping, jogging or cycling for at least 30 min a day and you should soon start losing. Just don't exercise on the days when you use the strict Detox Diet.

2
Posted by: kim | 2008/08/05

Try taking nutrional meal replacement shakes such as herbalife.

Reply to kim
Posted by: Kim | 2008/08/05

Reply to Kim