Dear Doctor

I' m not too sure whether i' m posting this question to the right expert but here it goes.

My husband is experiencing alot of burbing with cramps on tummy after eating. I know that he had a g-scope done and was adviced that his food does not digest properly. They told him to avoid food &  drinks with acid in, as well as eating at a very slow pace in order for the food to digest as this should help. He has been doing this for quite some time and still it just does not seems to be help. Now even it occurs making love and to be quite honest it really puts me off completely. There will be times that he is battling to burb, but he feels the scramps in his tummy thats causing alot of pain and uncomfort. He will sometimes try to lay on his back, as ask me to message or put pressure on the part where the wind is to get it to come out. This has really been affecting our sextual life to the point that I don' t even want to attempt making love knowing that it happens every time. I really feel for my husband but I don t know what to do anymore. Once he gets it he would start burbing for quite sometime before it slows downs again.
My husband tends to get quite embarassed especially when we out dining and this happens.

Please can you help shed some light on this for us.

Dear Anonymous
Try giving him Pancreoflat and a Probiotic one each with each meal. He can use Colofac/Scopex for the cramping if and when it happens. It will also help to put a hotwater bottle on his tummy when he feels very uncomfortable. Avoid foods that causes gas - see