Posted by: Natalie | 2009-08-03

Hi there. I suffer from very bad trapped winds (flatulence?). Even though I burp quite a lot, it is sometimes very difficult and painful to fart. Sometimes it is so bad that I can hardly move, and its onset is sometimes so sudden. It can last from a few hours up till 2 or 3 days and is not brought on by foods like cabbage nor beans.

I know it is brought on if my navel area is open and do my best to wear clothes that cover my stomach. I have also cut out wearing clothes that are too tight and chewing of bubblegum.

I usually take Dutch Remedies for it with warm water and it works very well, most of the time.

What I would like to know is if there is perhaps other ' basic'  foods that I can cut out of my diet or could there be an underlying problem? Would seeing a gastro-enterologist perhaps help, and if yes, does my GP have to recommend one?

Thanks and regards,

Dear Natalie
You may have irritable bowel syndrome, so it may be worth your while to see a gastro enterologist. It is best to ask your GP to give you a referral letter. Also try using Probiotics three times a day as well as Pankreoflat with each meal.