Question
Posted by: kavish | 2012-03-18

will this work?

Hi doc. I''m 25 years and weigh 80 plus I''m short. I want to start a diet.I want to drink green tea in the morning and eat fruit the whole day plus drink water too. I also want to take herbex slimmers drops and join the gym. Will the tea and herbex work? I also want to start with contraceptive, yaz. Will my weight decrease? Is the tea and drops effective and will yaz make my efforts to waste? Like can it make me blow up?

Dear Kavish
It is a good idea to use a well balanced slimming diet when you want to lose weight. So although fruits are excellent foods, you cannot exist on eating only fruit as this will lead to deficiencies. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘Diet & Nutrition’ site, read about every aspect of slimming (the dangers of diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects of slimming, etc) by also checking out the ‘Weight Loss’ section and exploring the site. If you click on 'Diet Detective' you will be able to compare the ingredients of the Herbex drops with slimming pill ingredients to see if they will work and if they are harmful. There is some evidence that green tea can assist with weightloss. How you are going to react to a contraceptive like Yaz depends on your individual metabolism - some women gain weight while others lose weight on contraceptives. Please discuss this aspect with the prescribing gynae or dr.
Good luck with your new regimen.

3
Posted by: Denise | 2015-01-07

i have started with herbex and its working well. I also have the banting aproach to eating habits. Will the fat i eat from banting mess with the formula of herbex?

Reply to Denise
Posted by: Hmmm | 2012-03-19

Just water, tea and fruits? Sound dangerous to me.

Reply to Hmmm
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-03-19

Dear Kavish
Good luck with your new regimen.