Posted by: Anon | 2009-04-02

Will this work?

Have struggled to lose the extra 4-5kgs I would like to lose and have changed my eating habits from eating a lot of red meat and drinking quite a bit of red wine to only have red meat 2x a week and now drinking 1 small glass of wine a night. Also following a low GI, low fat diet (eat bowl of oats OR all bran with skim milk for breakfast, 2 x slices seed bread with peanut butter or tomatoes and cucumber for lunch. Snack of fat free yoghurt and fruit during the day. Supper now of fish, small carb and veg. Doing 3-4 gym sessions of 45min each (cardio). Cheat day on the weekend. Feeling much better about myself. Do you think this will help to shift the small amount I have to lose and is 0.5kg per week obtainable on this?

Dear Anon
I do think that you have made some excellent changes to your diet and lifestyle and that if you persevere you will lose those 4-5 kg that you would like to lose. The closer you get to your ideal weight the lower weightloss tends to be, so be patient and consistent. Cutting down on the alcohol (29 kJ/ml) will already help a lot to reduce your energy intake. The exercise will also stimulate your metabolism, so hang in there.

Posted by: Talita | 2009-04-03

Mmm, very nice, if I may give a tip, add some oat bran to the oats, and see if you can get rolled oats. The oat bran has about twice the amount of fibre per 100g

Reply to Talita