Question
Posted by: sithembisos | 2009/12/03

will there be a diiferrence

hi doc .9 months ago i was at my goal weight 58 kgs /height 166.now im in a bad shape i stopped exercising cause i changed jobs and no longer have access to a gym ,im now at 64 kgs i want l to oose 4-5 kgs .i do taibo twice a week for an hour .i cycle once week for 30 mins,i do other exercises like abs ,lunges ,buttocks and arms 15 min in the morning mon to friday.i do 10 squates ,10 side leg raise and 10 back leg raise evertime i go to the bathroom . have stopped eating junk and try by all means to eat helthy low gi foods &  drink at least a liter of water a day .do u think im doing enough to get to where i wanna be .

Hi Sithembisos

I hope so. You've certainly made positive changes to your lifestyle and they should work to help correct the change. However, the key principle here is that something changed between now and 9 months ago, to cause that initial weight gain. That's what needs to be addressed now, and you've identified the change - you changed jobs and stopped exercising. To simplify, what you need is to get back to the same routine as before, and the body weight will correct itself. So that's where you're headed, and what you're doing seems to be the right thing.

Just remember that it will take time - 9 months is a long time and having stopped, you'll have to work your way back steadily. But it's doable and you're on the way, so just keep at it, and make sure you don't err on the diet - if anything, you probably need to see a dietician and sort that side out, because it can be the deciding factor.

2
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/12/06

Hi Sithembisos

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: L | 2009/12/03

Your current BMI is 23, which is a normal range.

Your weightloss will be very slow because your BMI is normal, meaning you are not overweight.

I think you are doing everything right, just give it sometime.

Gud luck

Reply to L