Question
Posted by: Ren | 2002/10/08

Q.

will Premarin Cream affect my brest milk?

My Gynaecologist, although wonderful in many ways, is not really pro breastfeeding. I'm concerned that she may have overlooked my desire to continue breastfeeding when she prescribed Premarin cream for me, to ease vaginal dryness caused (she tells me) by current hormal state due to the breastfeeding. I'm worried that introducing estrogen into my body will affect my breast milk - it's something I am loving (feeding my baby) and I would hate for it to go wrong because of a careless mistake. Am I worrying unnecessarily, or should I rather not use the cream. I am supposed to use ½mg 3x per week.

Expert's Reply

A.

Ren, you can safely use the Premarin® cream at the dosage your gynae prescribed and go on breast-feeding. Good luck.

Want to comment?