Posted by: KB | 2009-06-17

Will my 2 year old ever sleep through? What more can I do?

I' ve got a 2 year old and a 6 month old baby. The 6 month old baby sleeps through since 6 weeks of age. It freaked me out at first cause I' m not used to it. I' ve been getting up for my 2 year old every night for the last 2 years approximatley 3 - 4 times. I decided to take her milk away at night (morning hours) but that also did not work. She still wakes up and sometimes dreaming and can' t get out of it and if you try to console her she clap you away as if she' s still in her dream. I think I' ve tried it all - I am exhausted and I try to go to bed very early because I know she will wake me up. Will she ever sleep through? Am I doing something wrong? She' s a very bad eater too. She goes to creche and her book says she eats well, but she refuses to eat at home at night. I don' t even cook anymore, so my husband &  I also don' t eat. Is her mind too active - what can it be. Or do you think she is just used to the fact that she moans and I will go to her. Please help as I am desperate. Just some background - she had a little bit of colic as a baby and a slight case of reflux.

Expert ImageNatural health

You can use Reckeweg 15 vita C to feed the nervous system and this will also assist with sleep. Alfalfa tonic (Natura) will assist the appetite and immune system. Kali phos (Tissue salts) will also feed the nervous system.

Dr Debbie