Posted by: H | 2009-04-16

Will it work

Hi Doc,

I' d like to know if i do tae-bo/aerobics 4 time a week (1hr sessions) &  no weight/resistant training will I still loose weight?

I am on a diet already - I' m 34, 1.7m &  88kg - so you can see my problem.

Impossible to say - the combination of diet and training determines whether you lose weight or not. YOu say you're on a diet, so that's good, but it depends what kind of diet and whether it's compatible with the training. I can't stress enough that when you exercise, you have to eat ENOUGH - eating too little can actually be just as bad for you as eating too much, so be careful about just cutting down on food, because it might backfire.

In terms of training, you're off to a decent start - aerobics is good, provided you do it often enough and four times a week is plenty. The duration is also good, so that augurs well for the future. As you get fitter, you might find that you can start to add in other kinds of exercises, maybe a more advanced training class, maybe some other activities.

But in principle, you're on the right track. The key is to get the details right, and I don't know the current details, so I can't be specific about that one.