Question
Posted by: Janee | 2012-10-29

Will it ever stop

I had a big argument with my partner over the weekend which ended up forcing me to revveil some things I never talk about. I was raped when I was 14 and I told my partner about it without every little detail. I told my family when I was 24 about it because I wanted they support as it was affecting me a lot but they didn''t say anything except OK. Luckily I was working then so I consulted professionals for counselling, speoke about it just highlighting because I was scared of going back to every little detail. Now that I have done that I feel like I can''t survive, the pain is more and all I want to do is sleep or be alone. When its time for sleeping I just can''t sleep. This morning I coudn''t walk properly my body was shaking I don''t know what was the problem. I''m still not better all I want is to go home and cry
Will I ever be fine? How do I delete these scenes out of my head? Is there a way to delete past and make sure a person never ever rembers it?

Maybe your family let you down ; I suspect many just don't know what to say or how to be helpful after such a revelation. You were wise to consult a proper shrink for counselling to work on this. Nobody should ever expect you to go back over evry little detail ( unless you happen to want to do so ) - its of no therapeutic benefit whatever, often uncomfortable, and usually speaks of their unpleasant curioisity rather than being a recognized technique for helping.
I"m not sure I entirely understand your message - did the shrink you saw make you go through every detail, leaving you so devastated ? If so that was highly irresponsible indeed. Or do you mean, as it rather sounds, that your partner somehow goaded you into telling HIM all the details, which so greatly upset you ? If so, then, even if he possibly had good intentions, he did a bad thing.
Yes, you can and will eventually be fine, but you need further professional help. With the use of the proper remedies, one doesnt have to forget all of a past ugly event, one can detoxify it, so one can forget it in the usual way, and if one remembers it again, it would be without the details and the pain.
You were grossly mistreated by a criminal who deserved to spend all these years in jail. It was not your fault either that it happened, or that you didn't feel able to report it at the time.
OPlease find a way to get more help, either privately, or through your nearest medical school or large state / provincial hospital

1