will i loose weight this way

Hi Doc,

I am 20kg overweight. I' ve started an excercise programme. Mon - 1 hr aerobic, tue - 1hr yoga, wed-1hr aerobis, thurs - 1hour circuit.

Breakfast I have 1 cup tea, fat free milk, 3 tsp sugar &  2 slices white bread with little butter.

lunch - usually whats leaft over from night before. grilled chicken with veg or something. If nothing then a repeat of breakfast.

Dinner - chicken with veg/chicken curry, grilled fish with chips, or something along those lines.

Takeout over weekends - sat nite &  sunday supper

Fruit - min 1 a day

I' m sure i' ll need to relook at my eating habits, but based on the above will i lose any weight if i continue this was??

Your question is very similar to that of the person above, and the answer is pretty much the same...

Your programme seems OK. You are training often enough, you have a mix of cardio and weight training, and hopefully your diet is decent. That I can't be sure of.

I think that one thing you might look at is the addition of another day of cardio in your programme. At the moment, it's two days a week - a third would make a big difference. Maybe another aerobics day, or something new, like a walk or jog or something in that line.

With respect to the diet, that's something you need to see a dietician about. My initial feeling is that you're under-eating, and that's not ideal. I suspect you need to increase the number of meals a day, and look at options to do that. I really would suggest that you see a dietician about this.

Then after that, you just have to give it a lot of time. It doesn't happen quickly, and often people will take many months to even see results. Some people see it fast, others have to wait. But hang in there, and focus on getting fitter and then you'll see that the rest takes care of itself.

Hope that helps