Posted by: storm | 2009-05-08

will i get taller?

helo doc,

many people have told me not to loose weight as i will be taller!

im 21 yrs old
weight: 116.6 Kgs
height: 1.74

i dont wanna get any taller :(

and also am i classified as obese or morbilly obese :

please advise

love storm :o)

Dear Storm
Your present BMI = 38,5 which is highly obese. You will certainly NOT get taller if you lose weight! If you are 21 years old you will have hopefully stopped growing in height. Now because you need to reduce down to 76 kg (about 41 kg), I would urge you to consider using Xenical and a very-low-energy diet or to have a gastric bypass as 41 kg is a very great deal of weight to lose. Discuss the use of Xenical with your gp because this medication needs to be prescribed for you. You can contact the Bariatric Centres of Excellence in regard to having a gastric bypass to assist weightloss. You can phone Jana Derksen at the Call Centre for the Netcare Bariatric Centres of Excellence on 0861-623-7489 or contact her at: or call her on her cell phone at: 072-373-0155 or visit their Website at to discuss this option if you have a great deal of weight to lose and need to find a surgeon in your area.