Question
Posted by: despondent | 2010-11-09

will I ever lose weight?

Hi DD. I am 36, weight 64.2kg and height 1.5m. Have suffered with depression took Zoloft for 2 years and counselling. Feeling much better, but struggle to lose weight. Dr. prescribed Ciplatrim bout month ago, but I stopped it when I saw that Reductil had been taken off the market though I lost 1,5 kg whilst on it. Have been on Weigh less for 3 months, gym 4 times a week, but cannot shake off weight. Weight stays constant or I put on .2kg. Should I just persist with current regime of weigh less and exercise or see a endocrinologist (where do I find one?)

Dear Despondent
I am pleased to hear that your depression has improved as this is the first step towards your weightloss. Both antidepressants and depression as such, can cause weight gain. If both factors have been removed from your life then you should be able to start losing weight and the steps you have taken such as using Weigh-Less and exercise 4 times a week, are excellent. If you think that your metabolism may be slowed down then you need to ask your doctor to refer you to an endocrinologist so that your various hormone levels can be tested (thyroid, insulin, female hormones, etc).
Holding thumbs that you can pinpoint what is hampering your weightloss.

2
Posted by: jacqui | 2010-11-09

Please visit my Facebook page (Pur Aloe &  Hoodia Juice) as read all the success stories from clients who have used my range. It is excellent &  natural!!! I myself lost 12kg in 3 months &  have an underactive thyroid!!! Pls let me try to help you.
Jacqui

Reply to jacqui
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-11-09

Dear Despondent