Question
Posted by: LC | 2008/07/31

Will I ever fall pregnant?

I was off the pill for 5 years and never fell pregant with man1, now Im with man2 (2 years), never been back on the pill, and still not pregnant.
Been for checkups, had tubes checked to see if they are blocked, they arent, anatomically NOTHING wrong.

What could be wrong????

Dear LC

There are many different causes as to why a person has difficulty in falling pregnant. Since your fallopian tubes are patent as you have mentioned, is the first good sign. The next important thing is to see if you are ovulating and that all your hormones are normal and I would suggest an assessment for that specific cause. You also need to ask your partner to go in for a semen analysis as 30% of couples that are trying to have children and are not succeeding is due to a male factor infertility problem. However there are a very small percentage of people that have the so- called unexplained infertility which means that no identifiable cause is found. These group of patients with time will either fall pregnant spontaneously on their own or may need a little help with assisted reproductive techniques.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo