Question
Posted by: sharma | 2011-01-26

will i be fired

from monday,i have not been to work,i do not want to go at the same time i dont want to loose it.i am always absent due to sickness,financial problems,constant headache and backache.i work about two to 3 saturdays in a month,i have a one year old,i get to spend time with him on sundays,and i try to get a lot of rest but i will have panic attacks about going to work the next day,i also struggle to wake in the morning.i am fine cant say am stressed or depressed but i am puzzled by my feelings and behaviour.i did let my manager know i am not ok but he wants me to give him a date of return to duty which i cant supply,i am supposed to see a psychologist to work with sometime this week,my gp booked me off till i am fine,can i be fired because i am not mentally fit but physically ok?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: WILL I BE FIRED

It is suggested that you get medical advice as it appears that you are suffering from extreme stress. This advice would at least put you in a situation where you could try and tackle the problem. Once the Medical Practitioner has seen you they will send in a medical certificate. You can't be fired for being ill.

2
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011-01-28

RE: WILL I BE FIRED

Reply to Labour Lawyer
Posted by: More info pls | 2011-01-27

What job do you do and what sort of company do you work for?

Reply to More info pls