Question
Posted by: Rayne | 2012/02/03

Will hair-loss aid products affect

Hi Doctor,

I am 40 years male.
I have genetic hair-loss, that is why I am taking " saw palmetto"  and " Propecia"  internally, while using ''Alopecia masking lotion (Couvre) to topically cover the balding spots.

Will this in any way affect the fertility or before conception?

Dear Rayne

The side effects of Propecia include erectile dysfunction, impotence and ejaculatory problems. in addition it has also been shown to reduce sperm motility and quantity. These effects however may be transient and I suggest that when you are attempting to conceive you should stop Propecia at least 6 months before so that it may decrease the effects on conception and fertility. The use of topical medications should however not effect your chances of conception.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2012/02/10

Dear Rayne

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert