Posted by: CPM | 2009-05-15

Will gynae do foto consultation?

I have a 12 year old Cerebral Palsy daughter. A year ago I had a vaginal hystorectomy done. She has been touching down there more and more and it' s really gettin imbarresing. She' s huge down there and the lips are protruding alot. The gynae who did the hystorectomy wanted to do a labia reduction - after what she went through with the hystorectomy and not understanding I will not put her through that.

But i need to do something and I also need a gynae to look if everything looks ok. Obviously she will not lie down and open up so that a stranger can look and touch her, for that she' d have to be physically forced or put under. I however would be able to take pictures of her. Where would I find a gynae that will do a photo-consultation? I am prepared to pay the full fee that' s not a problem at all.

Sometimes she say' s it burns and i wipe it down and put baby oil or thrush cream and it seems to be better.

Do you have any idea what else I could try ?

Thank You

I would suggest you find a female gynaecologist and discuss the problem with her. Pictures may be okay to see if the anatomy is normal but, if you suspect an infection, she would have to be examined. A light sedative might work.