Question
Posted by: Bronwyn Bridger | 2012/10/23

WILL A CRANIOTOMY RESTRICT ME FROM SCUBA DIVING?

Two years ago I had a craniotomy performed to remove a bone growth which was growing from the inside of my skull - front right section... the growth protruded 16mm in to my brain cavity and was 33mm in diameter... This section of my skull was replaced with a section of Titanium Mesh...

I would like to know if I can start scuba diving with my husband or there I prevented from doing so because of this mesh in my head? Will there be an issue with pressure if I dive to depths lower than 5m or 10m?

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Bronwyn,

I do not believe it should be a problem, but the best person to advise you would be the surgeon who did the craniotomy.

1
Posted by: Headache expert | 2012/10/23

Dear Bronwyn,

Reply to Headache expert