Posted by: Sophie | 2009-09-13

Wil swanger wees

Hi Ek en my man probeer nou vir ' n kind. ' n Gynie het ons op program gesit vir 3 maande maar werk nie. Is daar iets wat ek kan drink om dit aan te help om my meer vrugbaar te maak.

Dear Sophie

In general you should only start investigating fertility problems if there is no conception after 9 months to 1 year of regular unprotected intercourse. The first step is thorough investigation on both, your side as well as your partner before starting any form of specific treatment. In particular a sperm analysis can be done even at this stage and some form of tubal patency evaluation needs to be done either by means of an X-ray (HSG) or even a laparoscopy if there is sufficient suspicion of a problem.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim