Question
Posted by: FitnessFreak | 2010/04/30

Wii Jogging - Tip toes

This is going to sound quite ridiculous but regardless here goes. I jog for 40 minutes a day using the Wii console. I am not overweight but I do have the boodalicious thing happening which I''d prefer not to have. I jog on my tip toes for the 40 minutes in the hope that it will tone my behind or get rid of it one of the two. It''s definitely working for my legs but don''t really feel anything happening in the buttox area. Does it work? Or is it better to jog flat footed?

Honestly, there won't be a large effect of how you land on your foot on your activation and use of the butt muscles. The only way to target those muscles is to do much "deeper" squats and lunges, or cycling. Running on the toes activates the calf muscles more, running on the heels the quads (though when you're standing and running on the spot, the effect is reduced).

So my advice is to do lunges and squats for the butt. I am sure you can do this using the Wii as well.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/04/30

Reply to fitnessdoc