Question
Posted by: Husband | 2011/02/09

Wifes depression

I''m married for 10 yrs to the most wonderful woman. We hav 1 daughter. We love and respect each other and i still adore my wife to bits, For the last 2 yrs my wife is very depressed,she is not the outgoing outspoken selfconfident fun to be around with woman i know, she does not want to see people,stays at home over weekends and during the week(she''s a housewife) she is so irritable and short tempered,but never yells at me, i can see she tries hard to be loving towards me and she says she feels guilty of always being down. i cant remember when last she laughed or just genuinly smiled at me, she told me she knows she is depressed because she is so used to being alone and no one to talk to, i work very hard to support us and can not afford to take her to therapist, and sometimes i am so tired at night that i cant keep my eyes open, last night i fell asleep while we were watching a movie,and when i woke up she was furious, i know she feels a bit neglected but how can i make her feel loved when i''m also so tired at night. I love her so much and dont want to lose her,but i think i should rather set her free to find someone who love her and do more for then i can.

If she is depressed, and you cannot afford for her to see a private shrink, she could go to a state / provincial hospital, opr clinic, and they should provide acess to a shrink and medication. And the Anxiety/Depression Support Group could also provide group meetings that can help.
Remind her how much you care about her, and also explore, as suggested, whether she might enjoy gtting involved in activities and hobbies as well

2
Posted by: Wife | 2011/02/10

Either she suffers from depression (which needs to be diagnosed and medication administred) or she''s just plain misrable... Does she not have any friends, you say she''s a housewife surely she can get involved in some sort of activities, gym even...

Gosh what I would give to have a husband like you, some woman have it all but are not grateful.... Then theres woman like me who give and give and getting sweet fanny in return...

Best of luck.

Reply to Wife