Posted by: concerned husband | 2009-04-20

wifes app

Hi my wife always asks me to accompany her to her annual gynae visit, I dont mind so much, but the doctor always tells me to relax in his office while they go through to the examination room, and she always calls me in to be with her. The doctor seems to be uncomfortable with this, which in turn makes me uncomfortable, my wife sais that it makes her more comfortable and that she is the customer, and he must just do his job, 1.Could I ask him to refuse letting me in ? 2. Do other doctors refuse letting husbands watch these procedures? 3. What do you do in this circumstance in your profession.

Generally the husband is allowed in for the talking part of the consultation but not for the examination. Perhaps the three of you should discuss it.