Posted by: Stan | 2009-07-07

Wife' s Libido

Hi Doc, what can I do to increase my wife' s libido? I realised that psychologically she is put off when I mention sex too often, or initiate it too suddenly. I believe that she is turned on by being in control, and I' ve started keeping her company whilst she is in the shower, just sitting and talking to her. Me watching her naked body but being unable to do anything about it, definitely turns her on. Does this mean she falls into a specific class of people who are turned on by being in control? What other features of this class of person should I be aware of to ensure she is confortable enough to have sex more often?

Many a time women are not aware that they will enjoy or might be in the mood for some intimate sex play. Women often tend to be slowly “played” into the mood. It might be that she needs to be assisted in unwinding. Furthermore people tend to avoid sexual intimacy – if all intimacy has to lead/leads to sex. Sometimes it is good to explore being close and intimate without it ending in sex. It might be good to explore couple counseling to allow the two of you to really get back into touch with one another.

You are welcome to phone our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted in finding a practitioner as close as possible to you.
Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful: Have a look at the sexual assignments that are on the site that could be helpful