Question
Posted by: Martin | 2013-02-18

Wife uses too much medicine

My wife uses Ivedal, Urbanol, Serdep and enjoy a glass or two (3 tots) of whiskey at night. She also uses some herbal weight loss medication. She struggles to keep her weight down.

Could this be detrimental to her health as it is to our relationship? Her sex drive is non-exsistent.

Martin

I suggest that your wife scale down on her alcohol intake, as long term ingestion of strong liquor can cause white collar hepatitis. If she needs to drink something at night, she can enjoy a glass of red wine. I suggest that she consults a doctor for an examination to exclude liver pathology. The doctor can also test her thyroid function, as well as test for diabetes and insulin resistance. Her doctor can also do a full hormone profile.

In the interim, I would like your wife not to consume alcohol until she has visited her GP for liver tests.