Question
Posted by: JP | 2012-06-18

Wife to stop using pill, what advice do we need?

We have decided that my wife should stop using the pill. She is 31. How long will it take after the last pill for her to have a chance of falling pregnant? and what should we do to make sure that if she was to fall pregnant it would be a healty child ( vitamins etc)

Once your wife stop taking her oral contraceptive, she will immediate have a chance of falling pregnant. Once she is pregnant, she should take folic acid, as this will ensure good development of the nervous system.

1
Posted by: Jane | 2012-06-18

The supplement Folic Acid is VERY important and a pregnancy multi vitamin is essential.

It differs from person to person - some conceive immediately after leaving the pill (like myself) or for others it takes a few months. When trying to conceive, it can take up to a year and is considered normal for a healthy couple.

Reply to Jane