Question
Posted by: Druz | 2009-03-15

Wife sees lost interest

I have been married for 14 years. I am a male of 41 and the wife is 37.

Lately, since for about 2 years now, it seems as if it is a great effort for her to be sexual. If I try to initiate lovemaking for the 3rd time in a week, she complains that all I think about is Sex.

Is there something that I can do to light up the fire in her again?

She used to be great in bed so I miss the old times terribly.

I wonder if there is something that I can change to make things normal again. She becomes very defensive if I try to discuss this issue.

Thanks.

communication is an integral part of a healthy relationship. it would be difficult to make things normal without finding out what made it "abnormal'. it sounds as if your wife may be experiencing desire problems which can be due to a variety of reasons, medical, pschological or both and she is too afraid to discuss it as she may not understand it herself (especially in view of your'ls previous sex life). i would recommend seeing either a psychologist or sexologist to help identify the source of her lack of desire.there's alot that you might need to change but rather do that with the assistance of a counsellor so that the change is an effective one and benefits both of you.

2
Posted by: Sexy | 2009-03-18

apologies for my answer stating as if I am Sexologist - I mean to type in Sexy - I do not know what happened.

Reply to Sexy
Posted by: Sexy | 2009-03-16

Not sure why she has lost interest, but have you tried the whole romantic thing - try the things that you used to do when you were first going out. I know (being a woman myself) woman need it (foreplay) to start from the time they wake up - and that does not mean touching, doing the little things, phoning her etc....Is she not on medication that could be taking the libido down??? Women go through stages of feeling not like a Sexy person, but just feel like Mom, or Cleaner etc.....Send her on a shopping spree or you go buy her something sexy to wear.

Reply to Sexy