Question
Posted by: Frank | 2011/10/25

Wife libido and gynae

My wifes libido has dropped enormously in the past few years, I recommended she see her gynaecologist, which she did, and we are trying new things again, so dont get me wrong I am grateful to him, but just wondering if his consultation was normal.
He showed her her g spot, and helped her find it herself, he also helped her with clitoral stimulation techniques, and recommended a vibrator, as he believes in trying mentally before clinically with testosterone or whatever. Our sex life is definately regenerated, but I suppose I am battling with him doing all these things with my wife, its not a standard pap, I know that, and dont want to mention my concerns, as our sex is now good, but she is going in for a follow up appointment today, and its bothering me somewhat. Is this just a professional course of events, if so how does one deal with it.

the doctor is NEVER allowed to engage with sexual activities with clients. As long as the doctor is helping your wife identify her g-spot but not having sex or masturbating her, there should be no problem.

However, share your concerns with your wife and maybe ask if you can accompany her to the gynae visits.

6
Posted by: Frank | 2011/11/03

He definately did not fondle her, he showed her her g spot, let her touch it to make sure, he showed her some clitoral stimulation techniques, but more from a teaching point of view, he didnt stimulate her, he quickly showed her, he was wearing gloves, and it wasnt that she was moaning in ecstasy while he stimulated her, it was just a show how, as quick as possible, and thats that. It was not sexual really, just bothering for me, but I went along for the follow up, he just wanted to know how things were going, if the vibrator was working etc, and did blood tests and a normal physical, so I think all is cool, although I saw suprise on his face when I arrived, on my wifes face as well, but I suppose its not normal for a husband to leave work, to attend a gynae appointment, especially to go inside the exam room, this my wife didnt like, but did it anyway, feel better now.Thanks

Reply to Frank
Posted by: Manwood | 2011/10/28

You should start getting worried when she goes to the gynae too often...jeez...that would freak me out...he is definitely fondling her, which he should not be doing. What happened when she went? Report him the the Health Professionals Council of SA etc.

Reply to Manwood
Posted by: Nonni | 2011/10/25

My friend went to a gynae for the very same thing, low sex drive. All he told her was to be more adventurous, look at naughty pictures with her hubby and so forth. He did not actually " fondle"  her.

No no no, not good.

Reply to Nonni
Posted by: JR | 2011/10/25

Gynacologists as far as I know, qualify in matters inside the womb, like pregnancies, cysts, cervical cancer, that sort of thing, not sex.

I think it odd that a gynacologist would do these things to a patient. Maybe if he was telling her what to do and she did it to herself I could find it acceptable MAYBE, but, I would definitely friek if a gynae had to touch me sexually and I would definitely report him for malpractice.

I dont think I would consult him on matters of sex drive in any case because that is not what he is qualified in, I would be more inclined to consult somebody skilled in Tantra or something like that, and I would do it together with my partner, not on my own, that''s for sure.

For a gynae, I would not consider it professional that is just my opinion, I could be wrong, maybe gynaes do teach patients sex, but, personally not my cup of tea, and I think you are very right to be concerned.

.

Reply to JR
Posted by: Romany | 2011/10/25

Yes, it is quite acceptable for the husband to accompany the wife to the Gynae. Just go along as " support" . It does affect you too after all.

Reply to Romany
Posted by: sexologist | 2011/10/25

Reply to sexologist