Question
Posted by: Charles Lamb | 2009-11-25

Wife is suicidal because of Intimidation from her Parents

We need help urgently, she lives with her parents as we recently broke up, I had to move out. PLease HELP???

I understand and appreciate your concern, Charles. Maria asks the right questions. Such information helps any mental health professional to asess the current degree of risk.
If you know that she is apparently suicidal, presumably you have good current contact with her and information about her, either directly or separately. Do her parents ecognize how distressed she is, and recognize the potential risk of self-harm ?
How can you intervene ? Through them ? Or directly ?
If the situation is seen as a potential emergency, she could be seen by a GP in the first place, or taken to any good hospital casualty to be seen and assessed by a shrink. Assessment uis the first step in identifying what further help she needs and how to arrange it.

3
Posted by: Charles Lamb | 2009-11-26

Thanks guys, I have approached the Child Welfare, they assisted us, and now I' m the HAPPIEST GUY on the planet. I won my loving Wife &  Child Back, tomorrow I' ll get Police escort to assit us in obtaining all my wife and child' s personal belongings from her parents house.

I THANK God above for Protecting my Wife &  Child, as well as the Child Protection Services on the West Rand. A special THANKS To Daleen, we are eternally GRATEFUL!!!!

Reply to Charles Lamb
Posted by: Maria | 2009-11-26

Charles can you give us a bit more information? Do you still have contact with your wife? Can you influence her? Would it be possible for you to take her to a doctor or psychologist? Has she got a plan for how to commit suicide, has she got the means (e.g. pills or a gun), has she written letters, given away belongings or told you she is going to commit suicide? The answers to those questions will tell a mental health professional how serious the problem is.

Reply to Maria