Question
Posted by: Manners | 2012/01/23

Wife had 2 children thru extramarital affair

In case of a divorce, what rights or responsibilities do i have over children who were born to my wife when she had an extra marital affair? she passed off these children as mine. i only discovered it last week. the children are 15 and 12. I love the children very much. should i even be considering divorce? what alternatives do i have?

This is extremely complex, and you would need really good legal advice. You are not the biological father, but if she passed them off as your children, in effect you were an adoptive parent, and indeed can't even be certain ( other than from whatever she may have said ) that you are not the bio-father. DO explore this with a lawyer and make sure you know what are your rights and indeed those of the children.
You can only properly consider what would be best for yourself and for the children, opnce you know what are their rights and your own.

3
Posted by: Motlalentwa | 2012/01/25

I want to assure you, you will be fighting with your partner for the rest of your life over this. The best thing to do is to divorce her and start a new life.

Reply to Motlalentwa
Posted by: Obvious | 2012/01/23

For advice on your rights and responsibilities seek legal advice.
To explore wether you wish to divorce see a therapist.

Reply to Obvious