Question
Posted by: Just Me | 2011/08/19

Wife gone off sex

Spoke to her shrink and he explained his reasons to me.
Suggested we go to another shrink if we want to do couple councelling . As he has already seen her as an individual patient.
I hear where he is coming from.

I am pleased if you feel a bit comforted by whatever his explanation was. It still does not sound to me like recommended or best psychiatric / psychotherapeutic practice. It sounds like a wife who wanted someone to take her side, unquestioningly, in a conflicted situation, and who found someone rather too glad to take sides.
A shrink's job is not always to please the customer, where pleasing them may not actually be helpful for them

4
Posted by: understood | 2011/08/21

As a married woman who has lost a lot of sex drive in the last few years - I can totally understand your side.
I feel my main reason is some old issues in the past that I never had closure on and even more than that, I have put on weight and do not feel I look as good or as sensual as I used to - sometimes something that seems as trivial as body image can kill a woman''s sex drive.
Good luck on resolving it whatever the problem is.

Reply to understood

Posted by: Asking | 2011/08/19

It still does not make sense if you reas CS last response!
I am begining to wonder why your wife does not want you involved with this shrink to solve the marital problem of no sex?
It may be wise to prepare yoursel for the posibility of another man as others have suggested to your last post.
l wish you well.

Reply to Asking
Posted by: ? | 2011/08/19

What was his reasoning?

Reply to ?