Question
Posted by: Deon | 2012/03/07

Wife and behaviour

My wife has this tendency to change every few weeks (not the normal period cycles) where she just goes quiet. The most recent was when she had flu for 8 days and during the period she harldly greeted me when I got home and did not have conversations with me. I confronted her and said to her that I perceive it as being rude as I am friendly and want to try and help her while she''s ill but I ma getting the cold shoulder. She then went off and told me that I must understand that when she is ill she does not want to talk to anyone and thats the way she deals when having a cold...She then said that I must not question her behaviour as her daily sandwich that se packs in for me for lunch be enough proof that she cares and loves me. I said that in a marriage I would prefer a smile and a hug than a sandwich, THis upset her even further. It has now been 3 weeks and she is still ''quiet'' What must I do?

You weren't getting the Cold Shoulder, but the Fly Shoulder. People feeling horribly sick very usually don't feel like making conversation or even ordinary pleasantries - it is indeed a sign of love that she bothered to make your sandwich ! Give her some more time, and consider apologising for not recognizing how ill she felt at the time

2
Posted by: Wife | 2012/03/08

im a wife too and I keep quiet n avoid my husband when im so mad at him for something he said or did and is insensitive enough to not even realise what he may have done. I keep quiet until i dont feel hurt anymore because if I say something every time,I would probably say very hurtful angry things and its not worth it.After the ''quiet time'' i dont feel angry anymore so the ''fight is avoided''I love him alot and he treats me like a queen.BUT men &  woman are different and just because he bought me a new car doesnt mean i dont get pissed off when he looks in my bag for smething or whatever.Something is troubling her,making ur sandwich is a habit,a duty,a routine it doesnt mean love.Just because u go home evryday doesnt mean u love ur wife/husband.write her a letter and put it in her bag or car,dont blame her,just tell her how alone u feel.OFCOURSE DOC HAS GIVEN HIS PROFESSIONAL OPINION AND IM JUST TELLING U HOW I FEEL AS I WOMAN.IT HAPPENS IN OUR HOUSE TOO.hope it gets better soon.

Reply to Wife