Posted by: Crazy in Cape Town | 2009-08-08

Wierd obsession

Hell Doc pls don' t think Im wierd &  to the otha users pls dnt offr anything BUT constructive crit. Im in a happy relationship with my bf but I hav a wierd obsession with his sister. Its not a sexual obsession. She' s in the industry I am trying 2 death 2 get into &  it' s one of the top agencies. I often go on2 her profile and look at the pictures of her. It' s not out of inspiration but more of jelously. She' s a real bitch 2 me (she hates the fact that I stole her brother) but everyone loves her what just cos she' s pretty? Wen we go 2 the beach she gets every1s attention and she just talks to my boyfriend &  he' s so busy talking 2 her that I look like a ugly wannabe. Some1 once askd my boyfriend how does it feel having a sister that' s hotter than his gf. How do I stop this?!

So you're kinda stalking her ? From the sound of it, this isn't sexual but maybe far exaggerating how useful she might be in getting you into the "industry" you want ( actually, in any industry, remarkably few people can actually get you "in" outside of the usual ways. And stalking her, being creepy, is likely to make her want to avoid you, rather than help you. And as she already has other reasons to dislike you, face the fact that she will NOT help you, but that you can probably make it on your own. And the sort of vain girl whogets too used to being adored for her superficial good looks, has an insecure future anyway ; soon someone else will be considered hotter than she, and if she has nothing but her looks, which inevitably fade, she may have nothing when they go.
Maybe see a counsellor to work on your self-esteem, and to recognize your own good qualities and options. You'll always be a scond-class imitation of her ( or anyone else ) --- but they'd be only a second-class imitation of you. Be proud of who and what you are, and much more than mere looks.

Posted by: wtf | 2009-08-12

Does the above advice come with a razor blade, jeesh people :(

Reply to wtf
Posted by: Gracie | 2009-08-11

Just accept the fact that there will always be someone out there who is prettier, smarter, more popular etc. than you. You might have qualities that she lacks, but behaving the way you do ... stop looking at her profile, stop trying to compete with the popular, pretty girl and just be yourself. You must remember that looks fade, but a good personality will remain that way! She probably thinks of you as being the pathetic girlfriend and admit it, you are behaving that way! Be yourself - be the girlfriend your boyfriend is proud to have. Jealousy is a very ugly thing - you might not think you are jealous, but you are! Just be yourself - there must be something about you that she does not have ... good luck!

Reply to Gracie
Posted by: hehehehe | 2009-08-09

Reply to hehehehe