Widow removing her wedding bands - significant?

Hi CS,

Im dating a widow now for 3-4 months or so, she has always worn her weddings bands until about 2 weeks ago when she stopped. I noticed, and a few others did as well. I havent said anything to her about it, but it seems to coincide with the progress of our relationship to the next level of emotional and physical closeness.

Is it possible that she is ' letting'  go of her past and accepting a possible new future?

It could have various kinds of significance, but surely the only way to know for sure is to politely and gently ask her ? Your interpretation could well be correct.

Posted by: Angela | 2009-06-18

It may be that she is now ready to move on with her life. The way I see it, the rings were a symbol of her life with another man who is no longer there. She has found someone else and now wants to move ahead .. dunno I am not a psychologist, so I may be interpreting it incorrectly, but if I were in her situation I would' ve removed the rings too once I had found someone else! Good luck with your relationship .. hope all goes well!

Reply to Angela