why not lithium?

I know and hear about many bipolar patients being treated with lithium. why is my psych so anti this medication. i find that the epilim, cilift and wellbutrin are not doing the job.

I don't know why your particular psych doesn't like Lithium, and you should ask him. Perhaps he is one of the more recently qualified psych's who did not, as it were, grow up on Lithium, whereas older psych's had little else with which to help Bipolar Disorder, and grew confident in using it. It is the oldest mood stabilizing drug around, and can be very effective in many people. It is one of the uncommon drugs where one can fairly easily measure blood levels, and fairly predictably know that below a certain level it's unlikely to be useful, and above another higher level it's likely to have worse side-effects. But it needs an experienced and confident psych to use it well, and has potential side-effects ( as do ALL mood stabilizing drugs ) that need to be taken into account.
In your case, as you describe it, Epilim is the mood stabilizer being used, while Wellbutrin and Cilift are antidepressants.

It could be dangerous if you o/d on it and even worst if you should make a coctail out of it and then .... Maybe you should ask him something els.