Question
Posted by: Tania | 2011/10/28

Why not

Hi doc.

I am on a dieet equal to USN and is using phedra cut and protein shakes. I am going to the gym 3 + times a week, doing weights x 2 and 1 cardio session per week. I also do weight training at home in between. Problem: I am not loosing any weight. I am not cheating on my dieet, drink lots of water, 2 teaspoons of suger per day maximum intake, but the wieght stays the same. I am using Eltroxin (prescribed as thyroid does not function). I have been doing this for bit more thatn a month and is extremely demotivated. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Dear Tania
As I cannot judge if you are overweight or not (I would need your height in meters and your weight in kg), it is difficult to say why you are not losing weight. Please check the protein shakes that you are using because if they provide more than 2100 kJ per serving (or per meal), then they may not cause weightloss. In general, adult women need to reduce their energy intakes to 6300 kJ per day (2100 kJ for each of their 3 daily meals), so any product that is used as a meal replacement should not provide more energy. Also check with your dr that your dosage of Eltroxin is correct. In some cases, patients with hypothyroidism need to have their dosage increased over time. If you do go for a medical checkup ask the dr to also test if you suffer from insulin resistance which can hamper weightloss.
I do hope you will start losing weight.

1

Dear Tania
I do hope you will start losing weight.